The 3.16.10 has been released. Solved the AO/bent faceted/hard edges problems as well as other bugs.
Also, I plan to release the xn 4.0 Alpha 1 this summer for linux, Windows, MacOSX and Solaris/OpenSolaris. The objectives for this alpha version are:
1. To test the portability and early potential platform problems.
2. To show the new native look-and-feel standard UI ( and not that ugly "thing" I created for xn3 )
3. To implement basic realtime custom shaders(GLSL by now) + a functional 3D viewport.
4. To implement basic offline custom shaders ( normal mapping by now ).
5. To implement a basic mutithreaded tool ( the HM2NM probably ).