Wednesday, November 07, 2007
The 3.12.0 has been released!
- GPU ambient occlusion generator ( 100x faster than typical way to render AO )
- Ogre3D mesh importer/exporters
- New height map to cone map tool ( Lonesock-Dummer/Policarpo-Oliveira methods ) for next-next-gen improved parallax bump mapping.
- Realtime ray tracing graphics driver for the 3D viewer + a new example showing real reflections.
- PRT-p and PRT-n map rendering
- Video capture inside the 3D viewer. Added XViD encoder.
- Radeon HD 2XXX OpenGL problems solved
- Photoshop dilation filter fix
- 3dsmax 64bits detection in the EXE installer fixed
- 10% map rendering speed improvement
- OpenEXR B44A compression support
- PLY mesh importer improved compatibility
- New cavity map EMBoss method
- New height map to occlusion method ( LON )
- Removed 32k UV limit in the lowpoly mesh ( so you will find less problems to use the ZBrush AUV/GUV tiles )
- 3dsmax 2008 .SBM mesh exporter
- Improved rendering abortion response time
- Tons of bugs fixed, including two really really evil ( 3d viewer LUA memory leak and AO hangup with terrible speed loss ).
The final version will arrive in five days if all is fine!