Friday, July 20, 2007
xNormal 3.11.0 final has been released!
- Solved bugs related to multicore CPUs ( specially in the cavity tool )
- Solved a bug with DX9 and ATI cards that was making the lowpoly models not to be drawn
- Added mesh unit scale support
- Added the tangent/object space converter tool
- Added translucent shadows and fake caustics to the 3D viewer.
- Changed the old 3d viewer grid by a new one.
- Added a new memory manager which increases a lot the polygon limit the program can manage
- Added light-to-camera lock and auto-center-camera-orbit-point in the 3D viewer.
- Improved AO generation quality
- Added support for distributed rendering.
Yes you saw well... distributed rendering... Thanks to Roman Lut and his project hxGrid ( http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/hxgrid.htm#Download ) I made a distributed map renderer in just one week very easy. It can render a 8192x8192 ambient occlusion map with more than 1000 rays per sample in just a few seconds using 30 nodes!
I'm working on new and superfast map renderers for the next version, stay tuned!